- STEP ONE:
BLC will obtain a copy of your commercial insurance cards
- STEP TWO:
a copy of psychological evaluation will be obtained stating a diagnosis of autism. If more than 2 years old a letter from your primary care physician will need to be obtained confirming the diagnosis of autism
- STEP THREE:
an assessment will be completed and submitted to the commercial insurance plan to determine the number of hours recommended
- STEP FOUR:
an authorization for services will be given
- STEP FIVE:
the caregiver will sign and complete an intake packet detailing patient responsibility.
|Health Plans||In Network for ABA Services||In Network for Mental Health Services|
|Anthem Blue Cross||Yes||Yes|
|Blue Shield / Magellan||Yes||-|
|Care 1st (Medi-Cal)||Yes||-|
|Healthnet / MHN (Media-Cal)||Yes||-|
|LA Care (Medi-Cal)||Yes||-|
|United Behavioral Health / Optum||Yes||-|
We also offer private pay for ABA and mental health services.
To begin the process of obtaining your behavioral health treatment through your insurance company, complete and return the attached documents to BLC for processing.
- Print form and fill out to the best of your ability (please see link below)
- Copy of medical card (front and back)
- Diagnostic evaluation stating diagnosis of autism or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Send Intake From along with additional documentation to:
- Behavioral Learning Center, Inc.
- Insurance Department, 28245 Ave Crocker, Ste. 220 Valencia, CA 91355
- Or email:
For more information, please contact our insurance intake department by either calling (661) 254-7086 or emailing your information and questions to insurance∂blcca.com.